Everyone loves listening to music while driving a car to work or going on a long drive. Nowadays, almost all cars have a USB port in which you can insert your beloved USB flash drive filled with mp3 songs and can enjoy your music while driving. Now, what if your USB suddenly stopped working and you lost all your music or your flash drive suddenly gets corrupted and you lost all your mp3 files. So, to overcome this problem, today we are going to tell you about the best usb flash drive for music in car using which you can enjoy your music without having to worry about of drive getting corrupted or so.
If you are in a hurry, we would recommend you getting SAMSUNG FIT PLUS considering its small, compact size. Can save and play all your mp3 audio files in your car audio system.
We have made a list of some of the most reliable usb drives in which you can store all your music and can use it to listen to your songs collection in your car or you can carry your usb to a party, plug it in directly into the speaker usb port or connect it via a smartphone and enjoy high quality music.
The Best USB Drive For Music in Car : Our Top 7 Picks of 2020
|Product||Read Speed||Write Speed||Warranty||Weight|
|Sandisk Ultra Fit||150 MB/s||30 MB/s||5-Years||5g|
|Patriot Supersonic Rage||400 MB/s||100 MB/s||5-Years||9g|
|Samsung Bar Flash Drive||150 MB/s||25 MB/s||5-Years||22g|
|Sandisk Cruzer USB Drive||100 MB/s||15 MB/s||2-Years||18g|
|Samsung Fit Plus USB For Music in Car||200 MB/s||50 MB/s||5-Years||3g|
|Sandisk IXpand Flash Drive||80 MB/s||15 MB/s||2-Years||5g|
|Hootoo 3 in 1 USB Flash Drive||80 MB/s||30 MB/s||18-Months||19g|
1. Sandisk Ultra Fit – Great Overall
- A compact, plug-and-stay, high-speed USB 3.1 flash drive...
- Simple, fast way to add up to 128GB of storage to your...
- Read speeds up to 130MB/s(1)
- Write up to 15X faster than standard USB 2.0 drives(1)
If you have tons of music, want a very sleek and portable flash and don’t need to spend too far to carry all around, look no further than the SanDisk Ultra Fit.
The unit is a USB 3.1 flashdrive that provides read speed upto to 130MB/s. Additionally, SanDisk said that the flashdrive great write speeds, or the time that it will take to copy music files into your driveway, which are as much as 16 times faster than standard USB 2.0 drives. And just if you’re concerned about privacy, it includes the SecureAccess protection feature of SanDisk.
SanDisk’s Ultra Fit is quite small which is good for portability but at the same time you can lost it pretty easy. so you’ll want to continue to keep a close watch on it or else you might lost it. It comes in many different storage selection. As for 128GB of storage, you can copy upto 8,000 songs in it. For its price, it’s really great and affordable flash drive.
2. Patriot Supersonic Rage USB Drive – Great Performance
- 128GB USB 3.1/USB 3.0 Flash Drive up to 400MB/s read: up to...
- Durable slide to connect design to protect the Drive.
- Rubber coated housing protects from drops, spills, and daily...
- Backwards compatible with USB 3.0, USB 2.0, USB 1.0
The Patriot Super Sonic Rage Series flash drive isn’t for everyone. The unit includes a bulky design, it is costly, and it isn’t the best-looking drive in this round up. But if you are looking for ultimate performing USB drive then its the best choice so far.
The flashdrive comes with a 256GB of storage, which means you should find a way to save more than 10,000 songs. And as it supports USB 3.0/3.1 technology, it will offer read speed of 400MB/s and write speed of 100MB/s which is pretty fast.
The Patriot Rage comes with a rubber housing which will make it a bit bulky, but can additionally make it could stay safe when you discard it or it faces additional daily abuse.
3. Samsung 128GB Bar – Great Design
- Redefine everyday file transfers with speeds up to 300MB/s
- Reliable and secure storage for your photos, videos, music,...
- Rugged metal casing for durability with key ring to prevent...
- Safeguard your data (Water proof, shock proof, magnet proof,...
Samsung’s 128GB Bar is about design. In relation to the vast majority of flash drives available in the market, it’s attractive.
The device includes a metal finish that hides the USB copper pin connectors to keep it safe while you’re not using it. There’s also a loop by the end that enables you to connect lanyard, which means that you may take it around town. On the usage side, you can store upto 8,000 music songs in the Samsung 128GB Bar making it ideal for your car music need. In addition, it comes with a water-, shock-, magnet-, temperature- and – X-ray-proof body build. Samsung Bar provides read and write speed upto 100MB/s.
4. Sandisk Cruzer – Budget Friendly
- Reliable storage for photos, videos, music and other files
- Available in capacities from 8GB to 256GB
- Transfer with confidence when moving images and other...
- Retractable design keeps the connector safe
It always nice to save a few bucks. SanDisk Cruzer CZ60 is best budget flash drive. its 64GB of storage can store upto 4,000 music songs. It has a black plastic finish and a reddish switch-like mechanism quietly which will make it possible for one retract it or to extend the connector. The pop up feature is great , you have to use its slidable switch to bring its usb connector out hence usb connector will be safe when device not in use or lying around on your car dashboard
The flash drive have USB 2.0 support and SecureAccess software which will password protect your USB using 128-bit AES advance encryption. if you are looking for a budget friendly USB drive which also great in terms of performance then Sandisk Cruzer is best choice for you.
5. Samsung MUF-64AB/AM FIT Plus USB Flash Drive For Music
- Redefine everyday file transfers with high speed
- Exceptionally compact USB flash drive for an unnoticeable,...
- Reliable and secure storage for your photos, videos, music,...
- Safeguard your data backed by a 5 year limited warranty...
The Samsung FIT Plus is incredibly compact, sleek, affordable, and is only about the size of your caps lock key on your PC keyboard. Designed to plug into a port and stay out of sight, the USB 3.1 device can reach maximum data-read speeds of up to 200 MB/s.
It’s an excellent option for casual users, as well as people who wants to enjoy HD music (FLAC) in their amazing car speakers . it’s also great if looking to expand the memory of Chromebook or affordable Windows 10 notebook on the cheap. Plus, it’s waterproof, shockproof, Short-Circuit Protection, and X-ray-proof — this device is too small so just don’t lose it!
6. SanDisk iXpand USB Flash Drive – Great For iPad Pro
- Designed with a flexible connector to fit through most...
- Automatically back up photos and videos from your camera,...
- The product is supported by iOS 8.2, Mac OS X v10.6+,...
- Easily manage your photos and videos with the iXpand drive...
The SanDisk iXpand is a USB 3.0 flash drive with a built-in Apple Lightning connector, which allows it to connect to an iPhone or an iPad. A free app by SanDisk allows users to easily sync photos and videos from their Apple device, while 128-bit encryption ensures that the data always stays safe.
Users can also play music and popular video formats on their iPhone or iPad straight from the SanDisk iXpand flash drive.
7. HooToo USB Flash Drive For Music – Great All Rounder
- 3-in-1 Functionality: Perfectly equipped with an...
- More Space, Greater Freedom: Spacious iPhone flash drive...
- Speedy Data Streaming: Transfer files in a flash with the...
- Automatic Backup: Set up the auto-backup feature within...
The HooToo Memory Stick is a 3 in 1 USB flash drive which comes with with a built-in Apple Lightning connector, Type-C and a USB Type-A connector making it one of the best usb flash drive for music in car. You can connect this flash drive to your iPhone, Macbook pro, Android Smartphone or you windows laptop.
The product has read speed of up to 80MB/s and write speed of up to 30MB/s. Additionally, the drive comes with auto-backup feature also it offer limited 18 months warranty.
What Should I Look For When Buying A Flash Drive?
Speed: Higher the Read/Write Speed, Better the Flash Drive will Perform. So always go for those drives who have higher read/write speed but keep in mind they are a little costly.
Design: It depends on your preference, if you like portable designs then go for compact style flash drive such as sandisk ultra.
Price: Another important factor to consider. Higher the budget you have , better speed flash drive you can purchase hence great overall quality. But for some people , low cost flash drive works fine too, depending on for what purpose you are purchasing drive.
Are Some Flash Drives Better Than Others?
Yes. Some drives have higher read/write speed and some has lower, so obviously the drives which have higher speed will be going to outperform its counterpart.
How I Format A Flash Drive For Music In Car?
Most of the time, flash drives come pre-formatted. But if its not formatted by default than you have to do it manually.
1. It is quite easy to format an Flash drive. Just insert your usb drive in your macbook or windows pc.
2. A popup will appear saying format usb drive (if popup don’t appears than go to My computer, right click on your usb drive icon and click format).
3. Formatting will take 1,2 mins (make sure to tick quick format and select FAT32 cause some audio systems don’t support NTFS).
4. When format complete, you will see a popup of “successfully formatted”, and now your drive is ready for transferring mp3 music files and other data.
Their are many brands out there, from that, we have picked only those usb flash drives which we think are best and suitable for every kind of users. All these drivers are fully tested and will work fine with your PC and car audio system. Now it depends on you which drive you choose, according to your storage size need and budget requirement. If you still have any confusion or suggestion, leave us a comment.
Read Also: Best Internal SSD For PS4 Pro
You Might Also Like: Best SD Card For Music Storage
Last update on 2020-09-18 / Affiliate links / Prices / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API