Table Of Contents
- Editor Picks
- 1. Creative Sound BlasterX G5 – Best For Gaming Laptop
- 2. AudioQuest DragonFly USB Sound Card – Best For Portability
- 3. Creative Sound BlasterX G1 External Sound Card – Best Overall
- 4. TechRise External Sound Card Adapter – Best For The Price
- 5. UGreen Sound Card – Best Compatibility
- 6. SabreNet External Stereo Sound Card
An external USB sound card is basically a type of electronic device which is plugged in into a desktop PC or laptop, and converting digital sound signals to analog signals. This gadget offers an easy path to upgrading the sound quality of your favorite laptop or desktop PC, especially if it’s an affordable or mid-range model. These devices are pretty easy to set up, and they typically connect to your laptop system via its USB port.
There are many reasons to get this device such as, these devices are pretty small and compact – easy to carry, easy to configure on any operating system, easy to replace as compared to internal sound card and not too much expensive either.
Getting this device started On a PC, might require you to download and install software drivers that typically comes with the device. In most of cases, it’s pretty easy to configure on both windows and mac systems. All users have to do on most occasions is just connect the device and select it as an audio source from the sound settings and you are good to go.
Today in this article we will discuss about which USB sound card adapter is best for your need. So, we have compiled list of some of the best high quality external sound cards which are compatible with all kinds of Laptops and PCs.
1. Creative Sound BlasterX G5 – Best For Gaming Laptop
- Native 7.1 Surround Sound Support
- Immersive 3D PC Gaming Audio
- Best-in-class Console Gaming Audio
- Blaster Acoustic Engine Pro
Creative Sound BlasterX G5 is one of the best multipurpose gaming external sound card, ideal for laptop and desktop pc, featuring advanced 3D gaming audio technology, allowing gamers to enhance their audio experience.
This product has native 7.1 virtual surround sound system, 24-bit audio technology and an absolute 120-db frequency limit. The product is best suited for ps4 pro console and gaming pc. This product has amazing Acoustic Engine Pro virtualizer feature, sending signals in all directions, working perfectly with all kinds of headphones, generating amazing loud sound.
This gadget comes with an SB-Axx1 chipset to accelerate the hardware decoding, bringing out the best out of any device. Sound BlasterX is beautifully designed, having easy to navigate illuminated wheel for convenient volume control. It uses quality controllers, smart technology and is undoubtedly a valuable option for any audiophile or gamer that appreciates good quality sound.
2. AudioQuest DragonFly USB Sound Card – Best For Portability
- 32-Bit SABRE DAC
- 2.1v Output Drives Almost Any Headphones
- Works With Apple and Android devices when paired with a simple adapter
- Plays everything from MP3s to 24-bit/96kHz high-resolution files
AudioQuest DragonFly is another high quality sound card which has improved 32-bit ESS Sabre DAC chips having the latest ESS headphone amplifier and a digital volume control for real sounding. It provides 1.2 volts which is enough for modern headphones. At mx, this sound card can reach up to 2.1 volt and such option guarantees a wide spectrum of devices.
This product is compatible with almost all kinds of headphones, including both low-efficient or power-hungry models. it’s very easy to use and it can produce sound quality having capability of 24-bit/96kHz resolution. It supports both Windows and Mac operating system, additional drivers can also be downloaded if needed.
3. Creative Sound BlasterX G1 External Sound Card – Best Overall
- Supports true 7.1 channel audio input signals for realistic virtualization...
- Enhance your gaming experience through the headphone amplifier, capable of...
- Powerful and fully customizable BlasterX Acoustic Engine, powers the Sound...
- X-Plus Mode when paired with the Sound BlasterX H5 - X-Plus mode...
Creative Sound BlasterX G1 is another best high quality external sound card suitable for portable devices such as Laptop or Desktop PCs. It supports 7.1 virtual surround sound channel and can provide high quality sound at high speed without sacrificing the sound quality. This product has dedicated amplifier which will satisfy Hi-Res music listeners.
BlasterX comes with Acoustic Engine brings the best out of any audio device, allowing numerous modes and enhancements. This product is very compact, simple, but efficient, and it also delivers amazing sound quality too. This usb sound card also features X-Plus mode and configurator. The sound card only has one 3.5mm input and it does not comes with dedicated mic port which is pretty disappointing, as it really limits the use of the G1. Overall it is pretty solid well built device.
4. TechRise External Sound Card Adapter – Best For The Price
- 3.5mm JACK DEVICE: USB audio sound card, supports normal stereo, earphone,...
- NO DRIVER REQUIRED：Headset USB adaptor, international USB connector, no...
- MIXER FUNCTION: Multi-channel will bring you a “surround sound”...
- OPERATIING SYSTEM: The external USB 2.0 sound card adapter can work with...
Tech Rise adapter is another well designed device, supports both USB 2.0 and 3.0 standards and is truly beautiful. The sound card is pretty easy to use, its unique and compact design making everything look simple and well organized.
It works with all kinds of OS such as Windows, Mac OS, Linux, etc and supports all kinds of normal and gaming headphones. it is and plug-n-play device hence it is highly compatible and doesn’t require any kind of driver installation.
It has an LED light indicator, and the volume wheel which is smooth and functional, allowing you to control the volume. The product has many prebuilt modes, featuring 16 different rhythmic patterns and around 23 environment modes. The product is also good for casual gamers since it does have a gaming mode, hence working best with all kinds of gaming headset.
5. UGreen Sound Card – Best Compatibility
- Ideal Sound Card Option : UGREEN usb audio adapter is ideal to replace your...
- Practical Stereo Sound Adapter: It protects against electromagnetic...
- Superior Features: No driver required, just plug and play! USB bus-powered,...
- Wide Compatibility: Windows 10/98SE/ME/2000/XP/Server...
We couldn’t resist adding another high quality external sound card which is from a well known company UGREEN our list is incomplete. its unmatched performance and versatility in matters of boosting your laptop audio performance. This usb sound adapter also offers a dedicated mono-microphone-in and a stereo audio-output port so you can connect your headsets, speakers and microphone simultaneously. The audio adapter connects to a USB 2.0/3.0 port of your computer or gaming console such as ps4 pro etc. Though, this product It is 15cm long, it won’t restrict you to working very close to your system.
The audio adapter also offers protection against electromagnetic interference, ensuring stable and quality audio output. This product is highly compatible and can work on all kinds of devices and operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Macbook pro, PS4, Google Chromebook/ Windows Surface Pro 3, and Raspberry Pi devices. It is an plug-n-play devices hence you don’t have to install drivers to use it with your Windows or MacOS System. It is USB powered, meaning you won’t have to buy extra batteries for it.
6. SabreNet External Stereo Sound Card
- Connectors: USB Type-A, Stereo output jack, Mono microphone-input jack.
- Driverless for Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista/7/8/Linux/Mac OSX.
- USB bus-powered, no external power required.
- Reverse Compliant with USB Audio Device Class Specification 1.0
It is not a surprise to see Sabrent carrying the day in our post today, and the company has earned a reputation for producing excellent products that never disappoint its customers. The product has 3D stereo usb audio adapter that is backward compatible with USB 1.1/2.0. This gadget is a plug-n-play device so you just have to plug it to your computer USB 2.0/3.0 port, connect your headset, speaker or microphone to the stereo output jack of this adapter and you are good to go.
Whether your PC is running on Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista/7/8/, Linux or Mac OSX, this sound card will still work. Being USB powered, it requires no external power supply to work properly and it can be used right away after delivery due to its driverless operation (No drivers installation needed). This product also comes with 1-year warranty.
It is hard to pick the best USB external sound card for your laptop or PC and proclaim it the winner of this list. Some of these devices are good for gaming (most focus on delivering enhanced gaming experience), others are made for casual music listening, and some are multi-purpose. Moreover, they differ in sizes, some inputs and outputs, design and many other things. Naturally, there is also the price involved in all this. Still, it’s always up to you to choose the best item which will suit your requirements and fulfil your needs.
Read Also: Best Laptop Under 600 With SSD
Trending: Best Micro SD Card For 4K Video
Last update on 2020-06-02 / Affiliate links / Prices / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API